On the way home, Isaac fell asleep before we were even in the air. (We left at 7PM) He must have been exhausted because he slept the entire 2.5 hours home. (Well, he started screaming when we were descending...I think it was hurting his ears because he was pulling on them. He wanted nothing to do with anything I offered him, but he wasn't really awake. Of course our kids were the only ones on the flight:) Thankfully I still had some milk and his sippy in my bag and I jammed it in his mouth, he sucked it down and went back to sleep. Caleb
And yes, I am surprised that Isaac's eyes aren't crossed from playing his DS so much. We definitely have rules about playing time now that we are home....
When we got to the car rental place in Houston, we were told they were out of car seats. WHAT?! I had booked out reservation weeks prior and specifically told them that we needed 2 toddler seats. They were able to scrounge up one toddler (5 point harness) seat, but were not sure when another one would be available. Since Caleb weighs 32 pounds, he technically can ride in a high-back booster seat with a seat belt. In my opinion this is totally not safe, but after sitting there for over an hour and a half, we didn't have any other options. He did seem to fit in it okay, but he definitely proved that he will be strapped in a 5 point harness car seat for a LONG TIME. No matter how tight we'd get the seat belt, he was a Houdini and get his arms out of it or unbuckle it, or I'd look back and he's be laying half way in the seat and halfway out, trying to watch Isaac play his DS. It was hard not to laugh because he's just so tiny and was able to contort his body to weasel out of the booster. It wouldn't have been funny if we would have gotten in an accident though...and for that reason, we only had to pay $20 for our car rental that weekend:)




No comments:
Post a Comment