This is going to be really quick. (We got home at 11PM on Monday night, I had to work Tuesday night, I helped in Caleb's class yesterday, and we are leaving for MN tomorrow morning....which I have done zero laundry/packing for and our house is a complete mess.)
I will write about our trip (with lots of pictures of course) soon, but I know you all want to know how our appointment went. The doctors we met with were wonderful They were very thorough and spent a lot of time with us explaining/answering questions. Their "gut" feeling is that he needs a transplant sooner than later, and feel like it would be successful. But are being cautious, which we really appreciate. They have recommended that he have a few additional tests (mostly blood tests) before making their final decision.
They are planning on working through our pediatrician to order the tests and once they get the results, they will be calling us. (Please pray that CHW doesn't screw them up...) I am not sure how long this process will take.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. And I am sorry if I haven't returned your phone calls. I have had zero "real" downtime since we returned on Monday. And to be honest, I am a bit tired of explaining all of this over and over again while being completely exhausted. Please know that we appreciate your concern:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Trisha,
I've been way behind on blog reading but just got caught up on what's going on with Caleb. We're thinking about you guys and hoping that the tests yield good info and that everything goes smoothly if you guys do proceed to do the BMT. Happy Easter from all of us to all of you!
Post a Comment