On the way home from the zoo, he saw McDonalds. We never go there because he never eats anything, and I certainly don't need that kind of food! But he was excited about it so I decided to get him a Happy Meal. Isaac was sleeping, so I went through the drive through and got Caleb a plain cheeseburger since he's never tried one. (From previous experience, I knew he wouldn't eat the chicken nuggets). Plus, I figured he may be able to eat it since the meat is really thin and wouldn't require much chewing.
I still am not sure why I trusted him to eat in the car without much supervision. Maybe it was because we had just had a great time at the zoo and I was feeling extra confident that he could handle something that a lot of kids do. I broke the cheeseburger in half and kind of squished it like a pancake, so he'd be able to take a bite. I made him take a bite in the parking lot before I started driving, to make sure he was able to chew it up. He did great! I was so happy, so I started driving towards home, smiling to myself as I drove. I even took this picture while we were stopped at a light:
But, shortly after I took this, he started gagging/choking and I had to do the "It's okay, you're okay, you're fine, don't throw up" dance (which is hard when you're buckled in and trying to drive!) He didn't throw up, but that was the end of the cheeseburger! He did eat about 4 bites, though and I am so proud of him for that! He also ate a couple fries too! (He was much more into the "orange pop" though!) At least I know that he CAN eat a Mickey D's cheese burger! And next time I will be smarter and go in the restaurant with him!And here he is eating his "bwack cookies, but just the fwosting":
And I don't have a picture of this, but he ate an ENTIRE corn dog at his Grammie's house yesterday. The WHOLE THING! I couldn't believe it. He dipped it in sour cream (gross, I know!), and thought it was "dee-witus" (delicious)! He didn't gag, choke, or spit any of it out! AND, I didn't have to sit there and tell him to chew and swallow every single bite! Let's hope this trend continues!
1 comment:
Hi Trisha,
I love the pictures of the boys! Chris and I just finished browsing. Keep us updated on Isaac. Caitlin has a NASTY cold and had a high fever all weekend. Poor things. . . Hopefully you are feeling better.
Take care,
Heidi
Post a Comment