Thursday, March 5, 2009

Caleb's "wuff" day...

Here's a couple things I need to write down for memory's sake....

I think I have mentioned in the past that Caleb says "Mommy doing?" about a million times a day (or insert Daddy, Idack, Macy, etc). Out of the blue he'll ask me, even when he clearly knows what I am doing. Well, that's now been replaced by "How yo day?" I think he asks me about 100 times a day and it's the first thing he says to anyone who comes into our house or when he's talking on the phone.

So yesterday, after telling him that my day was good for the hundredth time, I asked him how his day was and he answered "Wuff" (rough). (He normally replies, "good.") When I asked him if he knew what rough meant, he said no. So I told him that it means bad...so if he says his day was rough, it means that he had a bad day. So my little stinker replies "My day wuff. A very, very, very, very bad day."

And nights have been a nightmare for Joel and I now that we aren't giving Caleb his bottles. He's back to getting up 5-6 times in eight hours. In order to get him back to sleep, we either have to A) Let him just sleep with us, which we all know we worked so hard to stop doing. Or B) Stay in his room with him until he falls asleep. Sometimes it takes forever and last night I told him that if he didn't stop crying, I was going to leave him in his room and go back to my bed. He replied, "You not leave! Dat would not be safe!" (I think that's the first 5 word sentence he has ever said!)

1 comment:

Sarah Furlough said...

I live that he said "do not leave, that would not be safe." It is so funny! Although, I feel for you on the getting up with him thing. Cooper has never had issues sleeping, but lately he's been getting up a lot during the night!