Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Seiously! How old AM I?

I have an ear infection! I don't think I've had one since I was like 5 years old! I went to urgent care when Joel got home because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. The doc there asked me why I waited so long to get it checked. He feels my eardrum will most likely rupture because it is bulging so much. Great. He also asked me if my other ear or throat hurt. I wanted to tell him that if he cut off one of my fingers I probably wouldn't even notice because my ear hurts so bad. Anyway, an hour and $70 dollars later, I left with prescriptions, the diagnosis of a right ear infection, the beginning of a left ear infection, a mild sinus infection, and a red throat. Not bad, huh?

Isaac is still hanging in there. I think he was coughing less today, but his nose is still very runny. He's been eating and sleeping fine (in fact is already down for the night), so I am hoping he's on the upswing. And I think Caleb is in the clear. He's off on a shopping trip with Joel at the moment. Before they left he told me, "No mommy and no Idack. Ownee Daddy and Cawub." Alrighty then!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better. I haven't had an ear infection in years but I sure do remember that pain from when I was little. I don't know how my kiddos can have ear infections yet act like it's no big deal. I must be an absolute baby when it comes to pain.

Anonymous said...

Oh Trisha! I hope you feel better soon!! I actually got an ear infection a couple years ago but I must of had a lot of them when I was kid because I knew exactly what it was when it came on and went straight to the doc before it got bad. When we had Mal's well baby she still had two ear infections...ugh! But I think she is doing better now. BRING ON SPRING!!!!