Thursday, March 5, 2009

Isaac's one year check up

We finally had Isaac's one year appt today. Our ped continues to be impressed with everything that he's already able to do. He weighed 25 pounds, 13 oz (90th percentile) and was 31.25 inches tall (95 percentile). Dr Dan referred to him as "solid." He continues to have a cough and Dan heard wheezing when he listened to his lungs. He feels that he has bronchiolitis, so now he has an inhaler as well. (Which he LOVES, by the way! Caleb hates it, so Joel was prepared to hold him down while I gave it to him. Isaac thought was funny and laughed the whole time and got mad when I put it away!) If he has the darn cough for another week, he will get a different type of inhaler that contains steroids. His doc says it's possible that he has asthma, which I am praying is not the case. The good news is, his ears were clear.

Isaac was happy to hear that he can eat as much avocado as he wants to! And I was happy to hear that he will eventually outgrow the constant rash he has around his mouth and that his face won't be orange forever! (Not sure if you have noticed in the pics, but his cheeks and especially his nose are orange.) It's called carotenemia. It's weird because Isaac doesn't eat a lot of carrots or sweet potatoes (which is the main cause), but his doc said that oranges can sometimes cause it and Isaac LOVES his oranges! He told me that he sees it a lot in fair-skinned kids. He wasn't worried about it at all. Anyway, Isaac caught yet another break from his immunizations. He will get his 9 month shots in 2 weeks (he had an ear infection at that appt) when we go back to check his lungs, and then his 12 month shots next month.

Isaac was so happy that we could play outside after his appointment. It was nearly 60 degrees today! It's actually been pretty nice the past couple days and the snow is almost gone now!

Fat man in a little stroller! I have been meaning to get a new single stroller for C's doc appts, since he seems too "old" for our Graco. Joel's mom brought this one over for me to use....it's a bit snug for Isaac! (And it's too short for me so I break my back when I use it!)

No comments: