Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can you believe this little guy....




...has a double ear infection? Me either. I won't be getting Mother of the Year any time soon. For the past 3 nights, he's been screaming his head off during the night (different times each night). Usually I don't go in his room when he fusses at night because he eventually finds his pacie and goes back to sleep. Well, this week he hasn't been fussing, he's been screaming. After letting him scream for about 30 minutes, I have been going in and giving him some milk and rock him back to sleep. Bad habit, I know but I was thinking that he must be going through a growth spurt or something since he hasn't had a bottle or sippy during the night for months now.

Anyway, last night around midnight, I went in his room and he was hysterical. He didn't want me to hold him and he didn't want his sippy or pacie. He threw himself on the floor and continued to scream. Nothing I did made him stop, and it seemed like I was making him more mad by trying. Eventually I took him out in the playroom and put on Blues Clues (by then it was about 1:00 AM) and it still took him a good 15 minutes to stop crying. I was about ready to take him to the ER because I had no idea what was wrong with him. Then he wanted off the couch and started playing with toys and acted like nothing was wrong. I finally got him back to bed around 2:30. Talk about a long night!

Since I am going out of town this weekend (more on that later), I decided I'd better take him in to the doc to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. I really didn't think he did, but that's how he was at night when he's had ear infections in the past. So I took him in today and he has a raging double ear infection. Poor little man! And of course now I feel terrible for letting it go on for 3 days! (But like I said, he has NO symptoms!) Obviously it's not bothering him too much though...I took the pics above when we got home from the doctors office. He was running around like a wild man!

The funny thing about the visit was that they weighed him and he was 27 pounds, 10 oz with his clothes on. Caleb had his pulmonology appt yesterday and he weighed 27 pounds, 8 oz with his clothes on! So now they officially weigh about the same.

No comments: