Every year my high school has an athletic awards banquet. They have a nice dinner and then the athletes receive their letters and the seniors get their awards/scholarships. This year I was asked to be the "inspirational speaker." HA! I have been dreading this because I am not great at public speaking. I had to do my speech in front of my parents, my old coaches and teachers, my friends, kids I used to babysit, and a lot of other people from my hometown. It actually went pretty good, and I think the athletes were actually listening to what I had to say. It was also a chance to see people that I rarely see anymore. There is a man who has some learning disabilities who never misses any sporting events. He ran up to me after it was all over and told me that he has a little volleyball with my name on it at his house. He told me that I gave it to him (which of course I don't remember) and he's kept it for 11 years. He had the biggest smile on his face and was so proud to tell me about it...how sweet is that?!
Anyway, since this wasn't something the boys could attend and Joel really didn't want to make the trek to MN, I went by myself. I have never been away overnight from Caleb (and obviously not Isaac either) and I miss them so much! I know their daddy is taking good care of them and it actually feels kind of good to know that they are all missing me. I had a great time today catching up with my old high school buddies, which I never get to do when we are back in town. It really makes me miss the "small town life." But, I can't wait to get home and see my babies (and my husband, of course) tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good old B.E.!
Post a Comment