Monday, May 4, 2009

Isaac's first words

Remember when I wrote that Isaac could say John Deere? Well, it's pretty clear now, although it sounds more like "Don Dee-a" And whenever he hears the John Deere theme song from Caleb's videos, he tries to sing along. (Although "Don Dee-a" is about all I can understand!)

I have been working with him on learning more signs since I am beginning to think he might be a little delayed with his talking. I have really been working on "sorry" since he has become a little bully lately (mainly hitting and biting) Side note: One of Isaac's little buddies kept hitting him on the head recently while they were playing. And ever since then, Isaac thinks that HE can hit people too! He's no longer the innocent one! Anyway, last week during lunch, he was throwing food and dumping his milk all over, so I told him to stop it. He looked at me with his big blues and said "ah-wee" I thought it was a fluke, but asked him if he said sorry and he said it again! (I think I got it on video, so I will try and put it on here sometime.) And he's been saying it off and on since then too.

He loves to throw the ball for Macy. When she brings it back, he says "Dah!" (He's trying to say drop, which is what we tell her when we want the ball back.) It's really cute to watch him follow her around saying "Dah! Dah! May! Dah!"

So now I guess we can say that he has 6 words: May, Dada, Mama, John Deere, drop and sorry! What happened to "normal" first words like no, hat, up, etc?!

No comments: