Sunday, January 16, 2011

Backtrack

Okay, back to Christmas Day....
We woke up nice and early to see what Santa brought us:) To say Caleb was excited about his gift is the understatement of the year. He is absolutely in love with his "real live drum set." Even though we were reluctant to buy one, we are so glad we did. It's a great outlet for him. He can go downstairs to our new "playroom" and bang on the drums until his heart is content. I really didn't want to spend the money on good ones, but they have been worth every penny. Even Isaac loves to play them.

Isaac's big gift was the Fisher Price Smart Cycle. Totally NOT worth the money, but he does like it. Caleb hops on once in while too. Isaac also got his new Hungry Hippo game, which he likes to play when it's working. (they sure don't make games like they used too...it is so cheaply made that it keeps getting jammed or falls apart.) I think his favorite Santa gift was Dora bubble bath.



After a nice lunch with my parents, we left to spend the afternoon with Joel's side of the family. Again, I hardly took any pictures...totally not like me and by the time I took these, the boys had already ditched their sweaters:) The boys got a bunch of nice gifts again. I think their favorite of the day was their Pillow Pets (Caleb wanted a hippo and Isaac wanted a puppy.) Side note: It's kind of funny because their cousins asked for them and I had no clue what they were. Once I found out, I realized that they were being sold in every single store...even Home Depot and we never noticed them! Not sure how me didn't know about them. And once the boys saw what they were, of course they wanted them too! Whoever invented them must be rich!



They must be comfy because Macy lays on Caleb's every chance she gets:)

1 comment:

abby said...

The whole Pillow Pets craze amazes me but as someone who has been falling asleep on Hallie's bumblebee for the past six months, I can absolutely attest to how comfy they are. What's funny is how older kids are into them too. We got Hallie's big cousins (7 and 5) pillow pets (unicorn and triceratops...Hallie was way envious of the cousins) for xmas too.