Saturday, January 29, 2011

Go Pack Go?????

I grew up in MN, which means I am a Vikings fan. I have lived in WI for almost 13 years, yet have really never gotten into the Packers hype. That is until now. As you all probably have heard, the Packers are going to the Super Bowl.

There's nothing quite like Packers fans. They are die-hard to put it gently. Ever since the game last weekend, the Super Bowl has been the top news story on every news station...every.single.day. Never mind the weather (which usually is the most important topic), or the fires or murders that have taken place. Football comes up in nearly every conversation at work. Everywhere you go, someone has a Packers shirt or coat on. I even saw a woman wearing a very thin Packers windbreaker outside and it was 2 degrees out!!

Anyway, Caleb is in love with Aaron Rodgers. He pretends to be "A Rodgers" almost everyday. He's also been begging for a Packers shirt, probably because he sees all the kids in his class wear them. So since I felt a little guilty he was the only one in his class that didn't have a Packers shirt last week for their Packers party, I felt it was time to buy him one.

We checked 3 different stores in the mall and they were all sold out of smaller sizes. The last store we tried must have just gotten a shipment in. I found kids sized shirts and the boys were thrilled. Then, Caleb spotted the jerseys. "But mom, I really want a Aaron Rodgers JERSEY!!" Thinking that they wouldn't have one small enough, I told him we could get one if they had his size.

After looking through them, the did have his size and it was on sale! (I actually ended up getting the next size up so in case he grows he'll still be able to wear it next year.) I couldn't believe that I was about to buy my kid a Packers jersey! I will never live this down with my MN family! But just so you guys know, he was wearing his Brett Farve Vikings shirt that day! The "Packers section" of the store was very crowded so of course we got all kinds of stares and comments about that! Oh, and even though he always has to have his new jersey on when he plays football, he continues to use his Vikings ball:)

Here they are posing before we left for the Packers party last weekend. (Notice green shirts was the best I could do back then...now they both have the real deal!) Caleb's class made cheese heads...too funny!



Our little Aaron Rodgers (if you look close, you'll see that he's wearing his purple Vikings shirt underneath!)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable post!! Love the cheeseheads, great idea!! Go Pack Go!!!
I can't believe you have been living here for 13 years!! Where did the time go?

Cora said...

So funny! Amelia loves Aaron Rogers too. Unfortunately for her, they didn't have any Rogers jerseys when we were shopping, so she had to settle for a Driver one. I'm fine with that...he's adorable!