Monday, January 31, 2011

Pottery Painting

Caleb received a gift certificate to a "paint your own pottery place" for his birthday. We finally went to the shop a couple weeks ago. What a great gift! There was so many things to chose to paint. I told them they had to pick between a bowl, plate, or cup because it would be something they could use mean mommy!


They both picked bowls and then they got to pick out as many paint colors as they wanted. I think they both used a gallon of paint, but they sure had a fun time making their masterpieces just perfect.




After they decided that they had put enough paint on them, the owner gave them a tour and showed them the steps it would take to make their bowls bright and shiny. Caleb was very inquisitive and asked the man a billion questions. The guy was very nice and patient with him. Caleb couldn't wait to go back and pick his bowl up a couple days later.

They use their bowls almost every AM for breakfast. I keep forgetting to take a picture of the final products. They turned out exactly as I expected...a big mess of colors! But they love them. And I love that they can go in the microwave and dishwasher!

No comments: